Anger Management Las Vegas, NV
We now provide anger management coaching in the Las Vegas, NV area! There are now life coaches near you! We are a husband and wife anger management team devoted to helping people break down the walls of communication. Gain insight from both a minister & psychologist with over 22 years of education combined! We specialize in anger management, couples coaching, and career planning! Call us at 702-209-0132! Without knowing or meaning to, there are things we do that fuel our anger, and we’re here to help!
- Guilt- After the anger, comes the guilt. Your guilt skyrockets when you have to apologize. As a result we try to justify why we are right and the other person is wrong. Essentially we try to win the argument. This fuels the anger. Do not feel guilty for experiencing a natural biological response to a threat! Just take it as a learning experience and work towards developing self-control!
- Blame- Instead of taking responsibility, we place the blame on whatever made us angry. This is a natural reaction to blame someone else or even blame ourselves. For the brain to comprehend new beliefs or change existing ones, it has to create new pathways, which takes time. You know the wrinkles in our brains are actually pathways formed from what we have learned. The trick to integrating new beliefs into your life is to think of it as learning how to play an instrument. In the beginning stages you will make numerous mistakes. However, the more you practice, the easier it becomes.
- Fear- When we are in fear of “blowing it,” we are more likely to explode. When we suppress anger, we are always on the lookout for scenes or scenarios that would trigger that anger experienced during previous blow ups. The brain translates this into a “movie” of all the scenes, real and imagined that would make us blow our anger out of proportion. This then multiplies the chances of us exploding. Do not fear anger, identify your emotions, seek some support, and aim for self-control!
Anger Management Metairie
The Journal of Behavioral Science (2015) launched a report and found…
- Nearly 9% of people in the United States have outbursts of anger, break or smash things, or get into physical fights — and have access to a firearm
- 1.5% of people who have these anger issues carry their guns outside the home.
What is anger? Anger is an emotion caused by feelings of helplessness and the need to control situations, people and consequences. Anger—when expressed in a healthy way— can foster personal growth, improving relationships and changing your life.
Anger Management Coaching
The aim of our Life Coach Program is to reduce levels of anger in provocative situations and to learn effective strategies in order to halt escalation and to resolve conflict. The anger management coaching process is an individualize process that leads the individual to greater self-awareness, self-management, relationship management, social awareness and motivation. Our Anger Management Coaching Sessions are ideal for self-referrals, corporate clients, business professionals, court referred clients, couples and those interested in improving relationships with others.
Sometimes anger can affect what you say or do before you even recognize the feeling. This is especially true if you feel angry all the time. You may become so used to the feeling of anger that you don’t notice it. Sort of like how you can hear the sound of a refrigerator but block it from your mind.
Your feelings influence how you behave. We almost always feel something else first before we get angry. We might first feel embarrassed, attacked, offended, disrespected, forced, trapped, or pressured. If any of these feelings are intense enough, we think of the emotion as anger. You can change the way you are feeling by changing your thoughts. Try to experience being angry without angry thoughts. Thinking influences our feelings through the things that we say to ourselves. Unhelpful thoughts can add fuel to the fire and play a large role in keeping anger going after the event has passed.
Your body goes into fight flight mode. This means that your adrenaline may increase. In addition your testosterone levels increase and the stress chemical cortisol actually DECREASES during early anger. Intense anger damages the arteries while long term anger increases the stress chemical cortisol. If we keep dosing our brains and bodies with cortisol it can cause aging and structural changes in the brain. Your personal life coach can help you face these challenges. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger_management
Anger Management Las Vegas
Anger Management Coaching will teach you to turn anger into healthy productive skills such as…
- Anger Identification/Triggers
- Communication and Listening • Problem-solving
- Conflict resolution
- Expectation Management
- Relaxation Techniques
- Emotional Intelligence
- Impulse Control
- Improved Self-talk and Optimistic Thinking
Anger Management Coaching For Couples
We also specialize in helping couples manage their anger. Anger Management will help you identify the challenges within your relationship that are preventing you from both moving to the next level. Remember a relationship is 50/50.We help couples to stop reacting by identifying patterns of behavior that can be changed to reestablish boundaries, respect, communication and cooperation. You will gain perspective on the present and future with new eyes and an open heart.
Our sessions are facilitated by Dr. Jasmine Myers and are based on the Anger Management Institute Model which is a cognitive-behavioral and psycho-educationally based model approved by the National Anger Management Association. We recommend a minimum of 10 sessions for court, probation ordered or mandated clients and self-referrals. All participants will receive progress reports and a “Certificate of Completion” once their hours are completed. Clients will be provided with handouts and homework during each session. The client will also leave with an action plan. Sessions are scheduled by appointment. You can find my information on the psychology today website .
People often ask, What does a life coach do? Define what you want and figure out how to make that happen, achieving goals that until now took such a back seat that you’d forgotten most of them. Sometimes people give up on their goals feeling that they just don’t have time or energy or money, and yet when you do that you not honoring the deepest part of yourself that knows what is right for you. Anger Management Coaching truly does convert dreams into reality. Hundreds of thousands of people have used a coach to accomplish their goals.
Remember when you use your gifts to their greatest power, everyone around you benefits. My goal is to make changing your lifestyle simple, an enjoyable process of self-discovery. If you need more information on life coaching, call us! Learn more at http://myerslifecoachingllc.com/anger-management/
How would your life be different if you were to respond to anger in a healthy way? Try Anger Management Metairie!